Exploring how business leaders can be an effective force for change towards a healthy, fair and affordable world for 9 billion people.
The hypothesisCurrent models of capitalism are failing economically, socially and environmentally. Three scenarios describe our future trajectories:
- Breakdown: Our businesses, cities and economies overshoot ecological and social limits, bringing the planetary roof down on our heads
- Change-As-Usual: Political leaders, investors and the global C-suite instigate change, but at a dangerously relaxed, incremental pace
- Breakthrough: World leaders, from business, finance and politics, take radical steps to transform the systems they operate within, driving market revolutions to ensure our long-term wellbeing.
The programThe Breakthrough Capitalism program seeks to catalyze system-level change in business and beyond. It does this through:
- Briefings Our first report, targeted at the corporate and investment community, is titled Breakthrough: Business Leaders, Market Revolutions. The report was launched in March 2013.
- Forums Plenary sessions convene leading speakers to provoke new thinking. Watch videos from the inaugural Breakthrough Capitalism Forum 2012, held in London, here. And you’ll find a listing of other Breakthrough events here
- Breakthrough Labs A series of interactive, action-focused workshops with organizations and individuals seeking change, from internal ventures to collaborative partnerships. Find out more here.