So what's next? Soon we'll be launching the exciting next phase of the Robin Hood Tax in your local area. In the coming months we'll be stepping up the pressure in communities up and down the country - watch this space.
The Robin Hood Tax campaign is hiring! We're looking for someone to join us in making the big banks work for Britain and the world. Click here to find out more about our Digital Campaign Coordinator role and get your applications in by 6pm on Monday January 7th. (Green tights optional) We've been reminiscing around the campfire and here are a few of our favourite moments of 2012:
- Showing the UK how it can be done, 11 European countries unite behind a Robin Hood Tax. With France leading the way by starting their tax back in August, Italy and others are set to begin their financial transaction taxes early this year.
- ‘The Banker’ hits over 1 million views. The Robin Hood Tax campaign video starring Bill Nighy leaps to over a million views, helping to spread the message.
- In a new exclusive Robin Hood tax video, Bill Nighy visits Malawi ahead of World AIDS day to see the difference a Robin Hood Tax could make.
- Over in the USA, the Robin Hood Tax was launched. With help from Chris Martin, Tom Morello and Mark Ruffalo, the US campaign kicked off to a brilliant start.
- See our highlights of 2012 in pictures. Robin Hood activists from around the world donned their green hats and here in the UK we reminded the bankers that Britain is not their playground.
The Robin Hood Tax team.
Copyright © 2010 The Robin Hood Tax