Google kills off seven more products including Wave
Google has announced that it is dropping seven more products in an effort to simplify its range of services.
The out-of-season "spring clean" brings an end to services including Google Wave, Knol and Google Gears.
It is the third time that the US firm has announced a cull of several of its products at the same time after they had failed to take off.
The seven latest products earmarked for the chop are as follows:
- Google Wave - an attempt to combine email and instant messaging for real-time collaboration
- Google Bookmarks List - a service which allowed users to share bookmarks with friends
- Google Friends Connect - allowed webmasters to add social features to their sites by embedding a snippet of code
- Google Gears - much-hyped effort to maintain web browser functionality when working offline
- Google Search Timeline - a graph of historical query results
- Knol - a Wikipedia-style project, which aimed to improve web content
- Renewable Energy Cheaper than Coal - a project which aimed to find ways to improve solar power
Do you know the next products that you can wave Goodbye? Google Offers? Google Music? Google + ?